Serving and connecting to the community around us remains one of our most important goals.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Services
Outpatient rehabilitative services assist community members toward recovery through the skills of rehabilitation professionals. Each person’s needs are unique, so treatment is individualized for each person. Prairieview now offers:
- Outpatient Physical and Occupational Therapy
- Outpatient Speech Therapy for hearing, language, communication and swallowing disorders
- Outpatient Pain Management Modalities
Our therapists are available for appointments Monday through Friday. We are a preferred provider for Medicare and some insurances. Call Prairieview to schedule an assessment with our full-time Rehabilitation Team.
(See Rehab to Home and Embrace Life Rehabilitation offering full-service therapy for residents in Prairieview.)
Dementia Awareness for the Community
Keys in the Sugar Bowl: Dementia Awareness Workshops
- A creative, interactive workshop
- Recognize the signs of dementia, learn a creative technique to communicate, receive tips on managing behaviors...
- Presented by Karie Gerdes, RN, Director of Faith Place Memory Care
- PLease call 815-269-2970 to schedule this presentation for your event.
Fall Festival: Every year in September, Prairieview Lutheran Homes throws a festival for the community. Our grounds are covered with tents and booths. Food, fun and music bring the community together to celebrate senior life at Prairieview. Our yearly auction of lovingly made and generously donated quilts raises funds.
Join us at Prairieview, September 7 and 8, 2018 for the festivities!
Halloween Party: A safe place to Trick or Treat, among our residents. Includes a party and spooky stories. Wear your costume!
Easter Egg Hunt: Community kids are welcome on the Friday before Easter for an Easter Egg hunt on our beautiful grounds, (or in the spacious dining area if it’s too cold).
Groups from the community are welcome to volunteer in a variety of ways at Prairieview Lutheran Homes. This provides kids, families, and organizations a chance to connect to a thriving part of their community…senior living. Call and ask to speak to the Director of Activities and Volunteer Servies. She’ll find the perfect volunteer project for your group.